Well, this was unexpected! Owen Wilson has joined the Loki series on Disney+!
Owen Wilson has been cast in a major, yet mystery role in the Disney+ MCU series, Loki.
The actor who is best known for his roles in Wedding Crashers and Night at the Museum, is taking on the Marvel Cinematic Universe. According to Comic Book, the actor has been given a large role in the series. They haven’t stated who he could be playing.
The Loki series will tie in with Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness and the upcoming WandaVision series. Though, it’s unknown at the current time how this will happen.
Marvel has not commented on Owen Wilson’s casting in Loki.
As of currently, the only things we know about the series is the following:
- It will debut in 2021
- Will contain 6 episodes
- Will show what happened to 2012 Loki after he disappears with the Tesseract during Avengers: Endgame
- The series became pre-production late last year
- Filming started on January 20 2020
- As already stated, the series will somehow tie in with Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
Loki is part of Marvel’s Phase Four is of seven projects from Marvel Studios coming in 2021. Other projects include:
- Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
- Thor: Love and Thunder
- Spider-Man 3 (still untitled)
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
- What If…?
2022 and Undated projects include:
- Ms Marvel
- Moon Knight
- Black Panther II
- Ant Man 3
- Captain Marvel 2
- Fantastic Four
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
Hinted at projects include:
- Deadpool 3 (unconfirmed as being a part of the MCU)